I have heard a lot of shares of No. I am ok with No. No simply means that we are saying No to your approach. It does not mean that it is the end of the world. Earlier on I got a lot of Nos because my proposal was not written right. So to save you the agony of getting shut down before you start lets us get into it.
Layout of the proposal
- Introduce your company. This is your opening statement. Make it very brief. Imagine that you are introducing yourself. You would say my name is James smith. I work for this company. I am married with four children. That is it. The same thing applies for the company. Inteco is a sanitary pad distribution service company that helps women alleviates sanitary related anxiety and stress.
- State the problem. Briefly make sure that the reader really understands the problem. It should be about maximum half a page. Avoid rumbling on and been overly descriptive at this point. Be specific. Women of menstruation age have difficulties allocating sanitary pads at their office or academic institutions. If a girl misses 5 days out of school every month it would equate to missing 3 weeks of school a term and almost a whole term in four years of school. We all now know there is a problem don’t we?
- Solution: How do you plan to solve the problem you have stated above? With the introduction of sanitary pad dispensers women are now able to access sanitary pads easily. They also have the option of purchasing what they need when they need it.
- Benefits: This is where you should convince your audience that they will benefit from the product or service you are offering. With this new service women experience customized flexible purchasing. They do not have to travel far in search of a sanitary pad. The ability for the machine to be installed in bathrooms allows women to use the machine discreetly and privately. This machine shall also reduce the use of crude materials such as tissue paper.
- Call to action: Here is where you communicate the roles both parties will play. What do you want them to do? Give you permission? Fund you? Partner with you? What do they have to do? What will you do?
Until next time